Gateway Virtual Academy Elementary School
Inspiring Your Child’s Passion for Learning
A time for discovery, the Elementary School years set the stage for a lifetime of learning. Using the trusted Calvert curriculum, Gateway Virtual Academy students learn not only fundamental concepts and skills, they learn how to apply what they learn while having fun.
Appealing to children’s natural curiosity, our program emphasizes active, student-centered learning over rote memorization and drills. This approach to homeschooling and online learning helps parents engage students with:
- Engaging projects that apply learning to the real world and are tailored to their interests.
- Activities that encourage them to think for themselves as they apply what they learn in meaningful ways.
- Assessments where students apply their learning to demonstrate mastery of each concept.
- Opportunities to showcase what they’ve learned in ways that allow them to experience the utility of learning.
Developing Foundational Skills
Applying this student-centered approach across our English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies curriculum, our program empowers students to:
- Develop strong reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Learn fundamental math concepts.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Begin exploring the wonders and principles of science.
- Learn more about the world around them.
Interactive resources and S.T.E.M. skills are also woven into lessons, labs, and projects to prepare students for 21st century life. Your child won’t learn technology skills in isolation, but rather they will lean how to apply these skills in life.
The Gateway Virtual Academy program provides everything you need to successfully guide your child's learning at home.
Each grade-level includes:
- Step-by-step Lessons that help you guide your child's learning.
- Easy-to-use lesson plans to keep learning on-track.
- Classroom-tested texts and materials from leading education publishers.
- Built-in teaching notes to aid progress and pinpoint areas for improvement.
- Calvert Teaching Navigator, an online platform that puts everything at your fingertips.
- Personal support from trained, certified teachers.
Explore the Gateway Virtual Academy program by grade: